THE NEW ‘DUKE’ OF MISTER ZIMBABWE, ADONIS!
Born in one of the biggest & busiest border town in Zimbabwe, Beit Bridge, Adonis Ncube conquers to become the next Mister Zimbabwe.
Adonis made history as he became the first male model from the Matabeleland South to win the pageant. Although previously, some of his modelling counterparts who are rooted from the province have took part in the pageant before. These Include Galvin Nare and Welshman Sibanda aka Welsh The stylist who became the first runner up in 2016.
Adonis was coronated as Mister Zimbabwe during a pageant show which was hosted on the 20th of this month, he takes over from Devson Luzane whose reign had started in 2019. The event took place at the Harare International Conference Center (HICC).
Mister Zimbabwe, Adonis, emerged in the modelling industry in 2011, as he first appeared on the fashion ramp during the Zimbabwe Fashion Week 2011. He has also catwalked in a number of fashion ramps such as, Edgars Fashion Extravaganza, September Fashion Week, Mpumalanga Fashion and Design Week amongst others.
He has worked hand in hand with international award-winning fashion designers such as Clavon Leonard and Mpo Tswelopelo. Mister Zimbabwe 2021 has also been a brand ambassador and model for well established companies in Zimbabwe such as Econet, NMB Bank, Pacific Storms.
Some of his achievements include,
- In the year 2017 he was selected by the multi-award-winning company Edgars to be its brand ambassador.
- In 2018, he took part in a competition to be a brand ambassador for AMFFI Zimbabwe a modelling brand.
- He won the title, and his coronation was done in Mpumalanga, South Africa where the brand mainly derives from.
- In the same year, Adonis was supposed to represent Zimbabwe during Mister International Africa in Nigeria, one of the biggest male pageants.
- In 2017 he won, Best Commercial Model award; in the following year during Zimbabwe Models Awards he won the Model of the year Award and Best Commercial award and this year he won Best Editorial model award.
We wish him all the best. Look out for our exclusive interview coming soon!